I just got this in my email today and thought of sharing it with you.
If dogs were the teachers, you would learn stuff like:
- Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
- Be loyal. Never pretend to be something you’re not.
- Delight in the joy of a long walk.
- Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have had enough.
- If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
- Let fresh air and the wind in your face be pure ecstasy.
- Let others know when they’ve invaded your territory.
- Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
- No matter how often you’re scolded, don’t buy into the guilt thing and never hold a grudge! Run right back and make friends.
- On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
- On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
- Run, romp, and play daily.
- Stretch before rising.
- Take naps.
- Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
- When it’s in your best interest, practice obedience.
- When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
- When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
- When you’re happy, dance around and wag your whole body.
*Sigh* makes me want to give my cousin’s dogs a kiss 🙂
Thanks to BoydandNicholas.com for the inspiration.