I feel a heat stroke coming on. Bad.
My body has always been resilient to Philippine weather, especially during the summer. As a matter of fact, I would usually say to friends, I prefer the heat than the cold and rain.
Lately, I have been eating my words. I am unable to work due to this heat. I seriously cannot function.
Just today, I closed my laptop, brought down the curtains and hoped that I pass out. I kid you not!
I wanted to pass out just so I be rid of my misery. Funny huh?
Well, anyway, heat stroke is common given the present circumstances. But are we prepared for it? Mind if I check in your purse?
Essentials to beating the summer heat:
- An umbrella (Didn’t think I’d bring out my purple pocket umbrella but it sure has helped me a lot.)
- A cap/wide brimmed hat (I have this blue hat that makes me look like I’m going to war. Seriously awesome. I bought it in Corregidor a couple of months back. It has been quite useful especially when I’m covering events outdoors.)
- Shades (Because its the perfect time to look cool! Nah, just kidding. Protect your eyes from the glare of the sun.)
- A bottle of water (Keep hydrated. Enough said.)
- Facial mist (Do you use this? A friend of mine recommended this to me. I don’t usually buy this, but considering of giving it a go this summer.)
- Sunblock (Sun spots are quite apparent during the summer so apply liberally. Personally, I really don’t like sunblock because most of the products in the market feel so greasy. Do you know any good brands that are not as oily? Let me know please!)
- Wear light, cotton clothing.
Did I forget anything? Feel free to add your suggestions in the comments section.
(I think ice cream sounds good right about now.)